Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

El Paso

Ok, I'm going to start blogging more about my road gigs and whatnot. I've been on the road a bit the last couple weeks. This weekend I was in El Paso, Texas, headlining at Maki Sushi Bar, where they have a side room for a small comedy club. The people from suncitycomedy.com but the shows together, they're awesome!

Thursday and Fridays crowds were a little slow, didn't really get all the clever stuff. It always makes me laugh watching a crowd when they don't get jokes. One or two people get the joke and have to splain (el paso talk for explain) the joke to everyone else. Saturday nights show was awesome though, people got most of the jokes and weren't afraid to laugh. And a group of gay guys left during my set right before I got to my gay jokes. And when they left they didn't push their stools in.

Worked with some great comics, Sam Butler was the mc, he's pretty new to the scene, but he does a great job and actually enjoys emceeing. Manny Vigil and Sean Scarbrough were the other opening acts, I've performed with both of them before, very entertaining guys.

Saturday afternoon, Gibran and Mando came by the hotel room and we recorded the Border Geek podcast which will be up on Wednesday.

Went downtown last night and a couple guys stopped me and said, "hey, its Fletcher from Colorado." They were at my show last time I was in El Paso. They remembered picking on this idiot from Alabama. Fun times. Had a nice weekend in El Paso and they've got me coming back in two weeks for a couple other venues. Take That Sun City

No comments:

Post a Comment