Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

10 years of comedy

I've now been doing comedy for 10 years, its been pretty amazing so far. This month, however, has been one of the worst comedy-wise. Had a couple gigs cancel on me. Did a show in Santa Fe, one of the weirdest experiences I've had in comedy, but had fun watching Mike Long. Dude is crazy!

My buddy, Marc Shuter, wrote and starred in a movie "The Bigfoot Election" which has been selected for some big festivals! Its a great movie, lots of great jokes. Marc is a talented sumbitch. It was part of the Albuquerque Film Festival at the Kimo Theatre, they had a great turnout. It was cool to see my buddies on the big screen. Matt Peterson starts in it as well and has a very funny character.

I did a show last night at the bar inside Silva Lanes, it was pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun with the crowd and I saw some people I hadn't seen in years.

Tomorrow I find out if I get selected for the World Series of Comedy in Las Vegas, I'm really hoping I get selected! If not I have to go to my wifes uncles fourth wedding. If it was in Vegas I could've done both.

College football starts in a couple of weeks! Pretty excited about that. I think Iowa will have a decent season this year, hopefully beat up on the shit talking Huskers. And the Brewers are kicking some ass which is awesome, too! They never win, I keep waiting for them to start a big losing streak but they keep winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment