Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

karma/illegal petes

Caitlin, Jake and I went to Lakewood for a show at Karma on Saturday night. Show started late, wasn't really a great set up for comedy, but the show was actually really fun. The people that were there actually paid attention and got the jokes which was nice. And they had the Iowa-Penn St game on, so I got to see the ending of that!! Go Hawkeyes!! It was a fun show, Sam Tallent, Jodee Champion, Jake Sharon and Jesse Carter performed, too!

Jake and I had another show at Illegal Petes right afterwards which is near Denver University. I'd never been in that area it was kind of cool. The show was pretty awesome, I had a lot of fun. Once again a great lineup: Mooch Wilford, Alicia Jacobs, D. Kelley, Jake, Sam Tallent and Brian Blank. Sam's set was pretty much all improv and he did a great job. Pretty entertaining to watch, he's a bright guy and I think he's gonna do really well. Brian Blank, not so much. Just kidding Brian.

Caitlin and I are going to see Floater on Wednesday night at the Larimer Lounge! I'm excited to see them, I've been a fan since '99 when my friend Nate Tramontina introduced me to their music when we worked at Pizza Hut together. I miss Nate. If you miss Nate, you should check out his band, AnesthesiA! They signed a record deal with Suburban Noize Records last fall. AnesthesiA

This week I have a show at Wits End up in Westminster on Thursday night with Jake Sharon, Dave Testroet, Eugene Kenny, Hippieman, and a few others, it's gonna be a great show! Friday I'll be in Albion, Nebraska, and Saturday in Evansville, Minnesota, with Jordan Zuckerman!

No comments:

Post a Comment