Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Texas Trip


I just spent about a week and a half in Texas, it was 100 degrees every day! No rain or anything.

First week, I was at Hyenas in Fort Worth, working with Billy D. Washington, the opener was Shaun A, I'm not gonna try to spell his last name. Shows were great all weekend, Shaun was an awesome opener, really got the crowd into it! Billy D rocked, I'd never seen him before. He remembered me from the Comedy Works back in 2005 when I did a set for the contest. The staff was super cool, Jerod, the manager was awesome. Can't wait to go back for sure! They also have a couple of Dimebags guitars hanging on the wall, which is really neat.

Monday I went to San Antonio with Kris Shaw, we had a couple gigs in S. Texas, so we left on Monday. We went and hung out at River Center Comedy Club downtown and watched their open mic showcase. It was a nice club, got to see an old friend, Todd Larsen, and met some other cool comics. Tuesday we had lunch with David Beck, who was in town featuring, I met him once when I worked at Wits End, really nice guy. We went to lunch at some Italian place, I wish I could remember the name, it was awesome!

Tuesday night's show was in Weslaco at the Paradise Roadhouse. The crowd was pretty decent size, but not great laughers. I didn't have a very good set. But, it was fun. And the opener was Dat Nigga Tre. That's fun to say.

The next night was a lot better. We performed in McAllen at the Cine El Rey Theater, which is an amazing venue! Very good size crowd, kinda slow on some of the jokes, but I had a great time!

Thursday I headed back to Dallas to perform at Hyenas with Dante! I love working with Dante. The opener was Casey Coleman, it was his first time opening and he did a great job. Kind of reminded me of me when I was just starting out. Which sucks for him. Lol, jk. Well, Thursday night was pretty weird. Pretty small crowd and they didn't like to laugh at all, so it felt like a bad show. Everyone after the show seemed to enjoy it though and that's all that matters I guess. The weekend was awesome, had 4 sold out shows!! Billy, the manager, was great, too.

Met a lot of cool people on the trip, all the people at the clubs were awesome. Definately looking forward to going back to these clubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment