Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

amarillo

Did a show at the Holiday Inn in Amarillo on Thursday night with Spencer James. I had met him once at the Comedy Works in Denver, but had never seen him perform. The Holiday Inn packed the place, I think she said 129 people, not bad for a Thursday in Amarillo. I had a pretty solid set, but they didn't get a few of the jokes, which always makes me laugh. They sit and look at me like I'm an idiot, you're the one who didn't get the joke. I've done enough of these shows to know I should "dumb it down" for the audience, but I really don't want to. I think that's why I prefer clubs, people at clubs usually get the jokes, there are some that I do that take some people awhile though. Oh well, I'm not gonna change my act, I like what I do. If I didn't, it would be boring.

The people at the Holiday Inn were some of the nicest I've ever met. Very friendly! Spencer was really cool, too. He even bought me dinner! Free dinner is always great!

Tuesday night I'm getting new headshots done, and I'm filming another set for "The After After Party" with Steven Michael Quezada. Should be a fun night! Then it is off to Sioux Falls, SD for the weekend!

Also, I will be re doing the website finally! I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment