Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Loonees

This weekend I performed at Loonees Comedy Corner in Colorado Springs, the first club I ever worked on the road in 2003. I had the pleasure of working with Charlie Weiner from Cleveland. I worked him back in May in Wichita. Charlie is a great guy, been in the business a long time. He had a lot of nice things to say about my act.

The crowds for the weekend were pretty small, I think we cracked 100 barely on the early show Friday. At the late shows I decided to do my "star search" set and it went pretty well even though the people didn't get most of the references. My buddy, Don Morgan emceed Thursday night and did a nice job. He started doing stand up this year and he has come a long way already. Friday night Chris Charpentier came down to emcee and locked his keys in the car. I invited him to come down because he is one of my favorite comics in Denver. And he's a professional, always does the things he needs to do. And he ended up getting a feature week out of it! Saturday we had a newbie emcee, Chris Meeks. I think he had been on stage less than five times prior to Saturday. He brought a lot of people and did a pretty solid job for how new he is. Had some funny material.

The crowds were cheap all week, they didn't buy any cd's at all! Bastards. I need to record a new one anyway. If I win the World Series of Comedy I get recording deal, so who knows? I'm excited about going to Vegas for that and meeting all the bookers. Should be a neat trip! And I won't make any money. But its gonna be a lot of fun.

Friday night I was on tv in New Mexico on "The After After Party." I didn't get a chance to see it yet. I felt good about my set though!

I got to watch a lot of football yesterday, too! I found out the Iowa-Iowa State game was actually on tv so I got to see the ending. Helluva game, too bad the Cyclones won. Iowa's defense looked awful against their no huddle offense. It might be a long year, they have to face some pretty mobile QB's this year. The Michigan-Notre Dame game was another great finish, I hate both of them, but one of them had to win. I hope Michigan State beats Notre Dame and knocks them down to 0-3! There were some great games yesterday, South Carolina-Georgia, USC-Utah, Cal-Colorado and Auburn-Mississippi State were all great finishes. Should be a fun year.

The Brewers for some reason can't seem to beat the Phillies. They struggled with the Yankees and Red Sox this year, too. I could see them winning a first round playoff matchup, but they won't get past Philadelphia. Hopefully they can sign Fielder and have a solid team next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment