Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comedy Works tonight

Tonight I got to mc at the Comedy Works downtown. Definately wasn't expecting to get on to perform let alone mc. I didn't have a great set or anything, I should have been more prepared. The comics were great tonight, saw a few comics I hadn't seen before. My cousin Dave left me a voice mail, while I was mc'ing, so I called him after the show. His best friend just got in a pretty bad car accident and has had a lot of problems this year, so Dave asked me to do a benefit show for him in Algona, Iowa. Dave's a cool cousin, I'm glad we got in touch after so many years. I hadn't seen or talked him since the mid 90's, but he found me on myspace a few years ago and we've got to hang out when I go back to Iowa which is nice.

Added a couple new bookings to my calendar, I'll be doing the Loony Bins in Oklahoma City and Wichita in May 2011. I haven't been to Wichita in quite awhile. The Oklahoma City club I featured at in May 2009, I worked with Paul Hooper, that was a fun week. I'm working with Paul in a couple weeks in Tucson!

I've been writing articles recently forBuxmag.com I've been doing reviews and previews of college football games and other things on there. It's been a lot of fun, even though I don't know much about Colorado, Colorado State or Air Force. Growing up in Iowa, I was always a Hawkeye fan, and always will be! And they whipped Michigan State's ass with a belt on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment